Jul 27, 2017 8:30:00 AM
CCMI continues to monitor the volume of Access Compliance filings and collect transmittal and tariff updates in our online document library. This year, effective July 1, 2017, terminating local switching and reciprocal comp rates moved to bill & keep for Price-Cap LECs. Tariffs must be filed to reduce transport rates to $.0007. Rate-of-Return LECs must file tariffs to reduce terminating end-office rates to 1/3 of the difference between $.005 and $.0007.
Jun 14, 2016 10:00:00 AM
Access filing season is upon us and CCMI is actively monitoring the volume of filings and collecting transmittal and tariff updates in our online rate document library. This year, on July 1, 2016, Price-cap LECs must file tariffs to reduce terminating end-office rates $.0007 and Rate-of-Return LECs must file tariffs to reduce terminating end-office rates $.005.
Jun 25, 2015 3:17:34 PM
Since our last Intrastate Access Filing Report on June 11th, there has been increased activity most notably for IL, MD & PA. CCMI has published almost 400 transmittals with over 8,000 rate changes so far this access season. Be sure to log into TelView for the latest tariff and transmittal updates. Check out the map and top carrier filings for more detail and continue to monitor CCMI’s blog for the latest updates on this season’s access filing activity.
Jun 11, 2015 2:00:00 PM
Since our Intrastate Access Filing Report last week, CCMI has seen an increase in access filing activity in Maryland and Pennsylvania. Please refer to the map and chart below for additional details.
Jun 4, 2015 10:44:44 AM
Access filing season is upon us and CCMI is actively monitoring the volume of filings and collecting transmittal and tariff updates in our online rate document library. This year, on July 1, 2015, Price-cap LECs must file tariffs to reduce terminating end-office rates to an additional 1/3 of the difference to $.0007 and Rate-of-Return LECs must file tariffs to reduce terminating end-office rates to an additional 1/3 of the difference to $.005.
Jul 30, 2014 11:38:45 AM
Over the past few weeks, the Access filings have continued to come in with moderate increases in AL, CO, KY, NM & SC. Please take a look at the map and chart for the total counts.
Jul 15, 2014 2:55:10 PM
This year’s compliance filing has proven to be an interesting one, and CCMI, as always, is right in the thick of it. As of July 14th, CCMI has filings for every state, amongst our supported carrier list, with Massachusetts finally filing this past week.
As stated in a previous post, many PUCs allowed carriers to submit changes effective July 31st and so far we have pending filings from carriers in MD, AZ, WV and more.
Jul 8, 2014 10:30:00 AM
The busy 2014 Access Filing season is well underway. CCMI analysts have been monitoring each state very carefully and here are the 5 things you should know about this year’s filings:
- 2013 vs 2014 Volume - On July 7th, 2013, CCMI had processed 1,568 initial transmittals, whereas on July 7th, 2014, we processed 1,189 initial transmittals. While this is a 24% decline, please keep in mind the filing requirements for 2013 and 2014 are different which impacts the total number of filings.
- Filings effective PRIOR to July 1, 2014 - About 21 states filed early and they include CT, KS and NY with June effective dates.
- Filings effective July 1, 2014 - A good number of states filed on time including TX, AL and IL.
- Filings effective July 31, 2014 - Many CLEC carriers petitioned the various state commissions (PUCs and PSCs) for an extension. The purpose of the extension was to adjust their rate changes in response to the posted interstate rates. These states include PA, MD and OH.
- Carriers who Already Concur - Some carriers indicated they concur with the Federal rate in their 2013 filings. Going forward, they are not required to file again this year.
Jul 1, 2014 12:36:56 PM
July 1st is here and the 2014 Access compliance filings continue to roll in. CCMI has published over 1,020 filings so far and continues to monitor and acquire the filings throughout the country. In the past week, we’ve seen an increase in filings for KS, MI, SC and WI. We’ve also seen a handful of states issue their first filings for the year.
Jun 24, 2014 3:14:11 PM
With a week to go before all intrastate access charges become effective, it appears many carriers are holding their changes until the last minute. Based on supported CCMI carriers, MN, PA and IA continue to be the front runners. Eleven states have five or less filings and ten states have not filed any access transmittals within their respected PUC’s.